Wilfing on Wikipedia can be quite a sobering experience sometimes.
Scroll down to see hundreds of major disasters that have struck and claimed lives of millions in one sweep. They happen so frequently.
Some little known statistics on death tolls:
Democide : 27m-72m – Political repression & Great Leap Forward famine – People’s Republic of China (1949-1975) under Mao Zedong
(thats right, compare that to the Nazis – 21m)
1m – 5m – Democide of Chinese Muslims (Panthay Rebellion, Muslim Rebellion) (are our Pakistani friends/Muslim Ummah listening? Oh i know, this is jewish/hindu conspiracy)
Political Demonstration : 87,000 – Chinese massacres of Tibetan pro-independence protesters (Tibet, China 1959)
“THE” Deadliest Natural disaster : 1931 Yellow River flood – 1m to 2m Dead.
Human Sacrifice & Mass suicide : 1945 – Upto 80,000 Japanese people, mostly civilians committed suicide at the impending victory of American invading troops in Battle of Okinawa, during WWII. For those havent already, checkout the Clint Eastwood directed, Letters from Iwo Jima.
1815 is regarded as the Year without Summer (find out why)
– War, Religion and Karl Marx suck.
– 1931 was a pretty bloody year. there were a couple of wars as well.
– China has a seriously fked up past with a history of natural disasters. They bag the top spot in every major category of Disaster or War. They score in millions even in death toll. 6 of the worlds 10 deadliest natural disasters occurred in China. A look at the environment in China reveals that just air pollution causes up to 750,000 premature deaths in China each year.
– Pakistan is relatively clean fact sheet.
– India has a few to its name.
– Crusades ???
– How come we are still alive??
– … Whats that sound…. !?
The Mushroom cloud from the Nagasaki Explosion. The technology you see at work is old.
Israel has em. Pyongyang has em. Irans making em. Russia is selling em. Pakistan is stealing em. World is buying em. YOU have very little chance. Enjoy your life while it lasts.